Criminal Division: Don Kleine, County Attorney and Brenda Beadle, Chief Deputy County Attorney
1701 Farnam Street
Hall of Justice, Suite # 100
Omaha, NE 68183
Email Criminal Division
The Criminal Division of the Douglas County Attorney's Office is responsible for the prosecution of all felony crimes that occur within Douglas County.
The Deputy County Attorneys of the Criminal Division make determinations of the filing of complaints based upon review of reports generated by the Omaha Police Division, Douglas County Sheriff, Nebraska State Patrol, and all of the other State and local Law Enforcement agencies located in Douglas County.
The Criminal Division Deputy County Attorney follows the case from the Preliminary Hearing in County Court to the eventual adjudication of the case in District Court.
The mission of the Criminal Division is to actively investigate and prosecute felony crimes that occur in Douglas County.
Using advanced trial practices, research, and technology; it is our goal to prosecute those individuals that cause harm to the citizens of Douglas County. Our unbiased approach to prosecution and investigation allows us to aggressively prosecute dangerous and malicious criminals.
We will work with the community, law enforcement, and any necessary government agencies to not only prosecute crimes, but to proactively search for ways to protect the community.
- To work with the community and build a relationship of trust and understanding in order to work proactively to prevent crime.
- To use exhaustive research and investigative techniques to ensure the best criminal prosecution for the citizens of Douglas County.
- To consistently improve our understanding of the law and the community through seminars, training, and continuing education programs.
- To use technologically advanced trial practices in order to allow a jury to understand the full picture of a trial.
- To always apply the law in an unbiased and fair manner to ensure justice, equality, and safety for the community.
We are here to aid those individuals who are victims of felony crimes that occur in Douglas County, Nebraska.
If you believe you have been a victim of a felony crime or have information about a crime, please contact the Omaha Police Department at 444-5600 or the Douglas County Sheriff's Department at 444-6641.
Once a report has been filed with the appropriate law enforcement division, the case will be given to the County Attorney for review and prosecution. The County Attorney in charge of the case will contact all victims and witnesses to ensure that the best possible prosecution can be used. There are currently 25 Criminal Division County Attorneys available to assist you in any way possible.
Please feel free to contact any of our County Attorneys at 444-7040.
Email the office with any questions, comments, or concerns.