Permits / Inspections
This division issues building permits for the following equipment structure modifications:
It also performs all inspections to assure appropriate building codes and zoning regulations are within compliance. It serves the Rural Douglas County area, outside the municipal jurisdictions of Omaha, Bennington, Ralston, Waterloo, and Valley.
An interlocal cooperation agreement with the City of Bennington provides building permit and inspections services to that city.
The Rural Permits and Inspections Division accepts and approves building permit applications and performs all building inspections for Owners obtaining certificate of occupancy to new structures within Rural Douglas County, Nebraska. In addition, we provide building permits and inspections services through an interlocal agreement for the City of Bennington, Nebraska. (see MAP)
Requests for changes in zoning, applications for conditional uses, platting or replatting of subdivisions, and other land use changes are administered by this office. If you are planning to build, repair, remodel, or add on to a structure, you need to contact this office to obtain permits.
Below is a list of projects that require a building permit. NOTE: This is not a complete listing. Please contact our office to see if your project requires a permit. Call (402) 444-7189 or email.
- Replace roof
- Upgrade electrical service.
- Construct or replace deck
- Construct garage or other accessory building such as storage building, pole barn
- Electric service for irrigation well
- Construct addition to dwelling, garage, or accessory building
- Remodeling - windows, kitchens, bathrooms
- Replace furnace, water heater
- Building Permit Fee Schedule
- Applying for a Building Permit
- Building Permit Application
- Building Permit Application (City of Bennington)
If building in a floodplain, the following forms are required with Permit:
If the building project involves excavating an acre or more, the following Grading Permit forms (see left menu) are required with a Building Permit.